In the following blog, we have given you a step to follow to reset HP wireless printer password and factory settings. Sometimes HP printers have problems printing. However, resetting the HP wireless printer to default settings would be the most effective way to resolve the hp printer not responding issue.
Step to Reset HP Wireless Printer Password and Factory Settings
- Unplug the power cord. Unplug the printer from the outlet power source when in use. (If you have a USB cable or pen drive, take it out).
- Then, wait several minutes until it is process.
- If you are using an HP wireless printer, press and hold the power switch for about 30 seconds.
- The next step is to reconnect the power cord to the power outlet. After that, connect that power outlet to your printer.
- While you wait for the printer’s warm-up time to end, turn on your printer.
- After the resetting process is complete, you’ll need to follow the steps required to install the HP Print software, as well as the drivers for printing. This installation process may take 1.5 hours to complete.
Steps to Install HP Printer Software and Print Drivers
Step 1: Visit 123 hp com and click on the download button.
Step 2: To access HP Simple Start once the application download is complete.
Step 3: Go to the option to set up my printer and agree to all the terms and conditions before proceeding. Click Continue on the next page.
Step 4: The light for the power button is on by navigating to your printer’s Control Panel.
Step 5: The serial number and the serial number of your printer should be displayed on the Connect screen, which is [Ready to connect].
Step 6: On the next screen to connect you will be asked to select the HP printer from the list and then select Continue when the printer select.
Step 7: Screen will show the printer you selected and your wireless network SSID, which are connecting to each other using the Combine button.
Step 8: Join the group check whether everything is in order or not.
Step 9: If you find that the network name is not correct, you can manually press the network name icon and select a suitable network in the name dropdown. Click Join to proceed.
Step 10: At this point, you will be disconnect from Wi-Fi for a short time. At the same time, your connection is close to being set.
Step 1: On the next window you will see that the HP Easy Start program will ask you to connect to the previously selected wireless network. Click Allow to continue.
Step 2: Following your previous steps, you will be able to retrieve the password for the wireless connection. Then, connect your printer to the same security key you used to connect to the wireless network.
Step 3 HP Easy Start Your wireless printer will begin setting up after you’ve connected it to the security code for the printer’s wireless network.
Step 4: For the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Step 5: Choose the software you want to install and click on Continue.
Step 6: Enable Printing screen appears.
Step 7: Create an image queue by clicking “Add a Printer”.
Step 8: Last but not least choose your printer name and click Add on the Add window screen.
Step 9: Users should continue printing to make sure that they have followed the correct procedure for installation.
The above blog will help you reset HP wireless printer password and factory settings.